Itchy Wart ?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Wart ?

I have what appears to be a wart on the back of my left hand.It is hard and crusty and sometimes itches.  My question is... do warts usually itch, of does that possibily mean that it is something else, not a wart?  I looked a pictures of skin cancers on the internet and none look like the growth on my hand.  
Warts do not itch. For such symptoms, actinic keratosis also should be ruled out. . It is small, rough spot occurring on skin that has been chronically exposed to the sun. It can be diagnosed by examination and biopsy skin.
I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. Biopsy skin may be needed to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Warts do too itch. Look it up on any medical self help site and you will see. They itch because they become irritated and because they stretch the skin around them. You can use a topical anti itch solution on them or something like Neosporin will stop it temporarily.