Itchy all over quit taking Chantix.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy all over quit taking Chantix.

I started taking chantix 17 days ago in an effort to quit smoking.  I was taking one pill a day and never increased to the two pills that were suggested as the one dose seemed to work just fine for me. Four days ago i woke up at 3am itching all over my body.  The next day I woke again in the morning itching all over as well....in an effort to stop the itching i started to take Benadryl every 6 hours yet still no change.  The next day I decided to start doing oatmeal baths and even used a little of my step daughters ecema cream to see if that would assist with my issue and still no difference.  I have not taken any Chantix in four days now and my condition seems to be getting worse.  The itching is still just as bad but now if i itch my skin raises up where i have done so and even in some areas creates what looks to be hives where I itch.  There is never any other rash or skin irritation until i actually itch the areas....which is everywhere. I have also tried taking Tagament today which is supposed to block the other type of histamine not blocked by Benadryl.  I have not changed soap, shampoo, detergent, fabric softener or consumed anything out of the ordinary.  I have never been allergic to anything in my life. PLEASE HELP!