Itchy all over quit taking Chantix.
I started taking chantix 17 days ago in an effort to quit smoking.  I was taking one pill a day and never increased to the two pills that were suggested as the one dose seemed to work just fine for me. Four days ago i woke up at 3am itching all over my body.  The next day I woke again in the morning itching all over as well....in an effort to stop the itching i started to take Benadryl every 6 hours yet still no change.  The next day I decided to start doing oatmeal baths and even used a little of my step daughters ecema cream to see if that would assist with my issue and still no difference.  I have not taken any Chantix in four days now and my condition seems to be getting worse.  The itching is still just as bad but now if i itch my skin raises up where i have done so and even in some areas creates what looks to be hives where I itch.  There is never any other rash or skin irritation until i actually itch the areas....which is everywhere. I have also tried taking Tagament today which is supposed to block the other type of histamine not blocked by Benadryl.  I have not changed soap, shampoo, detergent, fabric softener or consumed anything out of the ordinary.  I have never been allergic to anything in my life. PLEASE HELP!
I have been taking Chantex for a month. On 2 pill dose. I had the exact same issue yesterday. I was itching all over. Wherever I touched my skin is got huge raised hives. I went to ER as I could not stand it. They pulled me off Chantex gave me 2 benadryl and watched me to make Sue I did not go into anafelatic shock it was so bad.I was covered in hives. The can also give you a steroid that will help. I'm done with this medicine.