Itchy and burning legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy and burning legs

Sometimes out of the blue my feet and calves start burning and itching like crazy and you can see kind of a blotchy skin like red and white blotches. It used to happen when I was washing dishes or came out of the shower so I thought maybe the water was making it like that. Lately it happens regardless of what Im doing, I can just be walking or standing up or whatever and it keeps going higher to the point that yesterday it went all the way to my hips and its such an intense itching that I was almost crying and you can feel burning sensation or heat coming out of your skin and it goes numb.
The doctor say to relax and that its only Hives but what does that mean? that im going to get it every once in a while and I just smile at it or take an allergy pill? I used to think its maybe a circulatory problem or something like that
any ideas??
Ive read here that there is a lot of people with similar symptoms and situations

This discussion is related to Itchy legs, no sign of rash or irritation.
Apart from hives, the other possibility that comes to my mind is stasis dermatitis or venous eczema. The characteristic symptoms consist of itching and weakening and ulceration of the area.Treatment consists of topical applications of steroid based creams and the use of compression stockings. My advice would be to consult a dermatologist and discuss this with him.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thanks for your help and the info
Im taking a pill and rubbing cream but its kind of useless cause it comes and goes and by the time i have it and take the pill or rub the cream its gone, unless i take the pill all day long just to prevent it, you knwo what i mean?
but ill take ur advice on going to a dermatologist! but my family doctor thinks its not necessary so i have to insist its really becoming a pain
Let me ask a few questions to try and find some common denominators.
1. What do you use for a cloth and soap when you do the dishes?
2. Have you bought any new footwear or socks lately or been wearing down there you hadn't before this got to be all the time?
3.Have you ever had this issue when you were younger?
4. Any new flooring or furniture?
5. you might think this is dumb but do you have a plastic shower curtain or what is it.6. 6.Do you use moisturizer after you shower.
7. Any other dry skin like your scalp, back of head or anywhere?