Dermatology Community
Itchy arms, legs and torso, driving me insane.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy arms, legs and torso, driving me insane.

I've been itchy, very very itchy on my arms, legs, and torso. Mostly my lower legs, forearms and stomach/lower back area. This has now been going on for close to three weeks. I have many small scabs on my lower legs which appeared before the itchiness began. I itch all times of the day, with it getting more severe at night. I've also developed patches of small bumps on my elbows and on the sides of my lower torso as well as on my lower back. I have been itchy so bad that I've caused the aformentioned bumps to become scabs. New itchy spots will come at random with no rash or bumps or scabs, and become so intense that I can't stop scratching until it stops itching. When I itch one spot, others start to itch as well. We recently switched to hypoallergenic laundry detergent and fabric softener, and I have switched back to Pear's brand soap for my showers. Nothing is helping. My antihistamines are doing nothing for it, and it just keeps getting worse. We don't have fleas, as the dog gets bi-weekly baths with flea shampoo to prevent just that. Just tonight it has also progressed to the areas of my arms near but not in the armpits. Any advice?