Itchy back moles and freckle
I've been having problems with localized itching on my back right shoulder. I thought it was a pinched nerve firing but now I'm not so sure. I've always had a mole there but now I've also got a bright red freckle/mole and another freckle. I avoid sun so it's not from that. It itches like crazy! I don't know which mole/freckle is the problem. Is this a general practitioner issue or dermatologist issue? I don't have insurance so money is a concern.... But then again, so is cancer! I would post a pic but I don't know how. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi there,
I cannot confirm anything without a complete clinical examination. The symptoms shared by you suggest that you could possibly be suffering from a condition called Notalgia paresthetica.It is caused   by nerve impingement in a spinal nerve. This results in a common chronic, localized itch that usually affects patches of skin on the upper back and occasionally can be more widespread to involve other parts of the back, the shoulders and upper chest. There may be itching and pareasthesia both. To avoid itching you may keep the skin well hydrated using a moisturizer .Getting examined will be really helpful. Consult a dermatologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and kind regards!