Itchy bites on legs & arms.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy bites on legs & arms.

6627080?1297170852
I have these red bumps that itch like crazy ! They started on my ankles around 6-8 months ago. Somehow they worked their way to my forearms. I probally have around 6 on each leg and around 3 on each arm. The ones that first formed 6-8 moths ago are STILL there and they STILL itch as bad as they did when i first got them. That inclued both arms and legs. They will itch extremley bad and usually when one starts to itch they will all start to itch at the same time.It does get worse at night time, and keeps me awake at all hours sometimes. The weird thing is when one forms on one arm or leg another will eventually pop up on the other limb in the same general area, so its like their trying to mirror each other.. Ive been to the dermatologist multiple times and they cant seem to figure it out. They said it "could" be Folliculitus (folliculitis) or it "could"be a reaction from a tick bite that i had from around a year ago ( wich also still itches till this day). And they did test me for Lyme disease, and that was a negative. Im tired of the doctors not being able to figure this out after me repeatedly going back for almost a year now.Anyones comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. The picture below is one of the older lesions on my ankle.
Going by your symptoms, the possibility of scabies is high. Scabies is a contagious  skin infection caused by a parasite – the mite, which burrows under the host’s skin and causes intense allergic itching. It is transmitted from objects or beddings, but more with direct skin- to – skin contact.  It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Do you still have itchy bumps?  I've had something similar for about 5 months.  Dermatologist has tried several things including blood work, which did show a positive ANA, but my SED RATE was "2", so Lupus was ruled out.  My family doctor did a chest xray that was normal.  The bumps are on my legs, upper arms, elbows, upper legs, buttocks, and here and there other places.  Neither doctor has been able to help me.  It's driving me nuts!