Itchy bump on arch of my foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy bump on arch of my foot

I have an itchy bump that is on the arch of my foot.  This is not the first time it has appeared.  Last year, in the fall/winter the bump appeared for the first time.  The bump is very itchy.  However, the itch does not feel like it is on the surface on the skin, rather deep into my skin.  There is no other skin irritation on my foot.  The bump just becomes more pronounced and calloused from my scratching it.

I have been using some anti-itch creams that help with the itching a bit, but the bump shows no signs of leaving.  Any thoughts on what this could be, or how I can get rid of it for good?

Thanks!
I have the same problem! It comes and goes with no warning sign. The only relief I seem to get is when I put an  Ice pack on it. I have also tried the itch relief creams~ but like you, its under the skin and doesnt seem to help. Try the ice pack~ best of luck
Hello, Did you ever figure out what was causing this? I have the same thing and it is like the most annoying itch that you can never seem to satisfyingly scratch. I have had the itch for a very long time, on and off for about ten years,  and only recently did a bump surface there. The bump itself now seems to be the source of the itch. Thanks so much. I hope you have found some relief.
I also have the same thing.  It seems to be worse in the fall and in the winter.  It itches like crazy and I have itched to the point that I itch a hole that stings and of course bleeds.  I found that the Wal-mart brand anti-fungal cream worked great for a long time but recently quit working.  The prescription creme my doctor gave me didn't work at all and when I tell him there is a tiny pimple type red bump there, he cannot see it.  I have also found that my foot can be fine but if I start itching or doing anything to irritate it the pimple appears and makes it itch like crazy again.  I have one of those eggs that you shave the tough skin off of your feet with and when I use that to get rid of any tough skin it will bring the pimple back and I can't get it to stop itching.  sometimes just rubbing lotion on it is enough to irritate it and brings out the itchy pimple.  The only way to prevent it from getting worse is to try hard not to itch it but that is torture and is almost impossible!  Sometimes if I can find the time to soak it in hot water with epsom salts and apple cider vinegar it helps a little.  Mine is also under the skin which seems like it is harder for any treatment to penetrate the skin to get at it.  My son and daughter who are grown up and moved away from home have also developed the same problem.