Itchy bumps Please help!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy bumps Please help!

A month or so ago, I started getting these under the skin bumps that itch and look similar to mosquito bites all over my face. I get three or more a day.It won't stop. I have tried changing my soaps and makeup and nothing works. I had small pimples in the past but nothing like this. Please help me.
It sounds a lot like hives. If they come up and go away some hours later, then come back in other spots in a cycle, then it probably is what it is. If they come and stay, I would go to a dermatologist. If it is hives and it is only on your face, I would conclude it is coming from some external contact. Hairspray, or something in the air rather than something you are actually putting on it. Shampoo or conditioners that may get on your face in the shower. Try to think of anything you have added that has any contact with your face. You can walk by a smoke or mist of something and have breakouts. It could be something you wash your wash cloths or towels in or other things that touch your face. Try getting free and clear soap and softner if you can't find anything else. Face skin can be irritated by things that may not affect other parts of your body such as arms and legs because it is more delicate. House paints and cleaners give off fumes, so there are many types of things that can affect it. People get hives from nerves, but usually they break out all over. When you start breaking out sit down and write what you have done and been around that day. It may help you find out what the culprit is. Sometimes it can be 12 hrs since being exposed before you show a reaction. Things you eat can affect your face, like teenagers and adults sometimes have break outs from chocolate that only affect their face.
Put Urticaria into your search engine ,(Hives) there are several kind and they show pictures, usually allergic to something,Itch and Burn, they can give you anti Hisimines for the Itch but it dosnt cure it some Docs give Prednisone(steroid) not a good way to go, as there is side effects and lasting effects. Find out if you can, what triggered them and hope they go away soon.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Common causes of facial rashes include: Acne vulgaris, perioral dermatitis, rosacea, photosensitivity, seborrhoeic or atopic eczema, some forms of lupus erythematosus, or dermatomyositis.  Are there other signs or symptoms present? If you have a history of allergies, this may be an allergic reaction or perioral dermatitis. It is important to keep your face clean and dry. Avoid manipulating the lesions. Antihistamine may relieve the itching but it would be best to see your doctor for further evaluation especially that it is already a month since it started. A complete history and physical examination is needed. Treatment will usually depend on the underlying cause.

Take care and keep us posted.