Itchy bumps around anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy bumps around anus

About a month ago this started. In general my anus feels itchcy on the sides and also in two spots i have noticed bumps.  I dont think its hemorroids (hemorrhoids) because the one bump is sort of higher up in my crack away from opening.  Any idea what it might be?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Itching of the skin about the anus  or pruritus ani may be due to dermatitis, psoriasis, bacterial or yeast infection. The anal skin is also exposed to irritating digestive products which may result in a rash. The rash is made worse by frequent stools, scratching, use of toilet tissue/soap/water, and acidic or spicy foods.

Avoid the irritants and eat plenty of high fiber foods such as cereals, fruit and vegetables.  Straining at stool also causes cracks in the anus which are irritable and may harbor bacteria. Try to avoid scratching. If it persists, it would be best to have this evaluated by your doctor for proper management. Take care and keep us posted.
So the bumps could be because of yeast or the others mentioned??  Thanks  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The bumps could be due to the above mentioned causes especially if there is scratching involved. However, a detailed information regarding the appearance, location and mobility of there bumps are also important in ruling out other  causes. If the pruritus does not resolve with the conservative measures mentioned,  I would highly recommend to have these bumps checked by a colorectal specialist.

Take care and regards.
hi,

for a couple days now i have been in pain.  it started off to be itchy then like a white blister formed on the inside of vaginal lip now it hurts and bumps have appeared around the area and more.. im not sure if it is a yeast infection (have clear/whiteish discharge & a smell ) or herpes. i dont want to go to the doctors because i am under 18 and dont want my mom to find out.  what does it sound like it is? thanks
Inside my anal I have lil bumps and I thought and still think they are hemms I have cream, and it seems to help, but it's uncomfortable and it itches, doesn't hurt or burn. What is wronf