Itchy bumps on face and neck after 1st/2nd degree burns

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I was recently in an accident and was severely burned over 30% of my body and had to have skin grafts on my arms and legs. Fortunately, the burns to my face and neck were mostly 1st degree with a small area of 2nd degree that required little to no care and no scarring. However, 6 weeks after the accident, after my face was already completely healed, I grew some bumps and my cheeks grew red. It has now been 3 months since the accident and the bumps and redness have continued to worsen and they itch all the time. The skin is kind of scaly as well, and scabs up when I itch it. I put the same burn lotion on as I doon my skin grafts but the cheeks still dry out and itch. Is there anything else I can do without having to go back to the doctor's? I have also attempted to scrub my cheeks and neck with heavy duty scrub cloths but it doesn't help. Any advise would be appreciated.
One medicine which has been advised by many dermatologists for scar diminishing is contractubex gel/cream. You can seek your dermatologist/surgeon’s opinion before using this cream. Otherwise you can go in for glycolic peals, laser treatments and pressure dressings. Severe scarrings may need skin grafting by a plastic surgeon.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello Wolf130,

I too am healing from 1st/2nd degree burns on my hand. I was lucky as not to have to have any grafts even though they originally thought they were going to be needed. After debrivement, they thought I could get by without them. Anyway, I am also suffering from little bumps and itchiness after healing.It has been two months since the burn and in the last week I am seeing bumps on most of the burned area, just wondering what you found out and how you treated them. Thanks for any help,