Itchy bumps on fingers that resemble and feel like ant bites

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have had these itchy, fluid filled bumps on my fingers for about a year now. They come and go. When I have them, hot water makes them intensely itchy. I also had an allergic reaction to something last week with a rash on my arms, chest and stomach. The rash went away but not before severely exacerbating the bumps on my fingers. There were many more than usual and my hands felt like they were put in a fire ant bed. They were on fire for short periods. I take antihistamines and use calamine lotion which helps. They do not crust over, they just tend to go away with time. The bumps are not red like the allergic reaction that I had and my hands are not dry at all. The bumps just come and go and itch like mad sometimes. Does anyone know what this is?
Only thing I can think of that I have had in the past  that resembles what your talking about is poison ivy. For me it was a rash over my body, but on my hands its just little blisters like you described.
From the description the symptoms are suggestive of pompholyx which presents as itchy blisters on the hands which can peel off. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

Also use mild steroid cream and good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.

Avatar n tn
my right hand thumb feels like there are ants biting my thumbs