Itchy bumps on genital area
I have some itchy red bumps (swellings) about my genital area, some on the legs, which vary in size. They remain for a non-specific amount of time (1 week, 2 weeks) and eventually subside (sometimes leaving a faint discoloration), but always return in the same spots - occassionally new affected areas arise. Itching comes and goes and varies in intensity. Any idea what this could be?
From the symptoms it can be contact dermatitis, heat rash , hives or allergies. They are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.
The treatment of hives is basically antihistaminics and steroids. So maybe hives was the rash that you were having.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.