Itchy bumps on lips don't act like cold sores

About two weeks ago I began to notice that my top lip was starting to itch.  The next day a small, itchy bump appeared on my lip.  I have never gotten a cold sore before but I had unprotected oral sex around the end of april and assumed I probably picked it up from the guy I was with.  However, I am now uncertain as to whether this is the correct diagnosis or not.  Over the past almost two weeks now I have developed a number of other bumps, all on my lips, but none of them have burst, grown particularly large, or scabbed over, as I have read cold sores do.  My lips still feel rough from all the bumps and itch, though the itch is temporarily subdued if I use vaseline lip balm on it.  
I was also recently on antibiotics for a sinus infection.  These symptoms appeared as I was completing the antibiotics course.  Could there be a correlation between the two?  I have not recently started using any new makeup/lip products so I don't think it is an allergic reaction but I am still unsure.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Such itchy bumps can be due to drug allergic reaction or dyshidrotic eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).
If still the symptoms do not improve then pls get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.