Itchy bumps on torso

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy bumps on torso

Hi There,

I'm in a bit of a panic. I just sat down to change my shirt, and when I took off my old one (which hadn't given me any problems all day), I noticed a trail of itchy bumps that seemed to all of a sudden appear and start itching (within minutes). I put hydrocortisone on it, which made the itching subside, but it's still inflamed at about half of its size before I put it on. I took a picture of the rash and posted it, please see: http://i.imgur.com/QqQo4.jpg

I'd be grateful if you could please give me some idea about what this is called and/or what caused it. Thanks so much!
  • Itching (1 replies):
    how do you know if you have shingles
  • rash on back (1 replies):
    Hello. My boyfriend has a rash on his back and now its s...[more]
  • red itchy spots (1 replies):
    I have got several red itchy spots over (mainly) one sid...[more]
  • Dermatology (1 replies):
    I have a rash or bites on my stomach and back. It starte...[more]
  • skin blister (1 replies):
    skin blister red pink on tummy area n back area no itch...[more]
Avatar dr m tn
Unfortunately the picture could not be opened but based on the symptoms it can be contact dermatitis, hives, heat rash, pityriasis rosea or shingles. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.
I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.