Itchy bumps!!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy bumps!!

I posted this in another thread but i figured i'd make my own. (http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Itchy-Bumps-on-Hands-and-Feet/show/431360)

the OP posted this pic http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Lilangelwings/stuff/IMG_1880.jpg

this is what the itchy bumps on my hands look like. these bumps are mainly on my right hand but now are moving to my left hand. I have them on my feet near my toes also.

Background: My ex started to get itchy bumps on the lower half of her body around the beginning of december. she itched them and they spread to her back, arms,  etc... i would rub anti itch on places she couldnt reach. we still had sex this whole time also.  when she itched them too hard( ones on legs) they would break and blood spots would show up and more bumps would appear. we broke up about a month after these itchy bumps showed up on her. we broke up about a month after these itchy bumps showed up on her.

About a month or so after we broke up these bumps like hers started to appear on my legs(inner thigh).. then i got a bump on my penis head and shaft. then i got a few on my hands/fingers that were barely noticeable.

*** this is when i went to the doctor ***
he said it could be hsv2... so he prescribed me to valtrex.

I'm not sure what exactly valtrex does but the bumps on my penis did go away but the others didn't... And the whole time i was on it(30 days) the bumps still itched.

I'm off valtrex now( too expensive w/out insurance) and the bumps on my hands have gotten worse and now are going from my right hand to my left. i had an itchy bump on my jawline the other day also(first time this had happened)

These bumps are the worst on my top/inner thighs and right hand/wrist area, left top foot around toe area. Barely any on my front waistline, left hand, right foot, forearms, ankle area, calve area.

Some of them are filled with clear fluid and when intensely itched they bleed a little and more bumps usually appear.

When submerged in hot water my hand where the bumps are start to itch intensely. They use to itch more at night but since it has gotten warmer outside areas(not all at once) itch periodically during the day. Also, one day i took a shower and put on some tighter demin jeans(when it was cooler outside) went to walmart and the itchy feeling on my thighs was unbearable.

I'm thinking of making a follow up appointment with my doctor(family-type doctor) but since i dont have insurance it might be a waste of money instead of just going to a dermatologist.

Any help is appreciated. thanks.

P.S. My mom said eczema runs in our family but im not sure that is what it is since my ex had something similar, if not the same exact thing.
As a side note.. I woke up today(only 4 hrs into my sleep!) and put on some orginal strength benadryl cream. the itching stopped for a few minutes then started back up to an unbearable state again.
Hi I think I may know what u have. If the itchy areas looks like eczema, I think u may have scabies. its a type body lice, that gets under the skin. it itches because they r laying there eggs. Millions of people get this every year. I have a family member who had the same thing. Go to the drug store and get lice shampoo. Don't wet your skin and rub the shampoo all over your body. In a thick layer. (do this when u r going to bed). Sleep in long pjs.and socks. When u get up shower really good.(make sure u wash your bed sheets). This will not only get u better it will also help with the itching. Depending on how bad u have it u may have to do this more than once. If nothing else just give it a try.   good luck

Two possibilities are there from your symptoms. The first one is of scabies and the second one is of pompholyx. Scabies is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

Pompholyx is characterized by a sudden onset of many deep-seated pruritic, clear vesicles which itch and then peel off. As a result the skin may also fissure.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers