Dermatology Community
Itchy crotch skin irritation
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy crotch skin irritation

I have a rash in my crotch and above my pubic mound, it is itchy and slowly spreading. I have had it for 3 weeks now. It appears to be like Pityriasis Rosea from what I have seen on the net but it not in a typical spot according to what it says
Related Discussions
Hi,
Rash in the groin area is usually a fungal infection called Tinea cruris. It causes itching or a burning sensation in the groin area, thigh skin folds, or anus. It may involve the inner thighs and genital areas.

Affected areas may appear red, tan, or brown, with flaking, rippling, peeling, or cracking skin. The rash appears as raised red plaques (platelike areas) and scaly patches with sharply defined borders.

A warm, damp environment allowing the fungus to cultivate greatly contributes; especially with tight, sweaty or rubbing clothing. To cure the infection naturally, keep moist and warm areas of the body clean and dry by using talcum powder.

Treatment is with antifungal creams containing tolnaftate, clotrimazole or miconazole to be applied on the affected areas, twice daily.
If there is too much discomfort and itching, glucocorticoid steroids may be combined with the anti-fungal drug to help prevent further irritation.

Powders with menthol or zinc oxide may be used, like Gold Bond medicated powder, to soothe the itch.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_cruris
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank