Itchy hot facial & neck skin rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy hot facial & neck skin rash

A couple of days ago after I got home from work I discovered some slightly red yet clear bumps forming on my face,neck and upper chest areas. By the evening they had started to become somewhat itchy. Last night they became so uncomfortable that my husband went to the store to purchase calamine lotion and even after applying it my skin is still hot and itchy & now feels a litttle dry. I live in a climate of extreme dry heat and of temperatures that usually get up to @ least 115 degrees in the summer, I have sensitive skin and also started to take the stairs in the parking garage @ work (which I am not sure could relate to this at all). I would like to know--am I doing the right thing by using the calamine lotion or is there a different home remedy I can use to get rid of this? Thank you for your time!!
It is very difficult to confirm anything without examination but it can be allergic reaction, contact dermatitis or sweat dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.