Itchy inner thighs, groin area and red blotches on penis head... help!?...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy inner thighs, groin area and red blotches on penis head... help!?

Just about 2 weeks ago I started getting a strong itch on my inner thighs, groin, and buttox. The itch seems to be stronger at night. About a week after the itching started, I've noticed a couple red blotchy areas on the head of my penis. The penis itself doesn't actually itch, but the discoloration worries me. I had sex with a condom about 2 or 3 weeks ago. The blotches dont appear to be raised and there is no discomfort or itching on my penis. If anyone might have an idea whats going on with me, or has a solution to my problem I would appreciate any advice you may have. I dont have insurance right now and im at a pretty tough spot financially. So Im trying to figure this out on my own, avoiding a costly doctors visit is detrimental right now.

Any help would be the best!

-Aaron

'Jock itch causes itching or a burning sensation in the groin area, thigh skin folds, or anus. It may involve the inner thighs and genital areas, as well as extending back to the perineum and perianal areas.'

You could read more about the condition at the following link -

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/jock-itch/DS00490

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock_Itch

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.

Thank you very much for the prompt response! I did some reading and this sounds like it could very well be the culprit. One question. I've also been experiencing itchy skin up the sides of my ribs, feet, forearms, chest and my calves. Is it possible that Jock itch is causing all of the itching im experiencing on the rest of my body as well. I havent noticed any really red or scaly areas except immediately after when Ive itched the affected areas. The only change in my skin color thus far has been only on the head of my penis, but I put some Hydrocortisone on it last night and the bloches seemed much less defined today.

Again, thank you for all of your help!