Itchy legs and body no rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy legs and body no rash

A couple of weeks the top and inside of my legs started getting really itchy, only when i went to bed though. There was never a rash, however I itching my legs so much that i was bruising my legs, but not drawing blood, and a rash has never formed. I have slowly started getting it over random areas of my body, like torso, back, top of my buttocks. Today it is partially bad on the back of my legs. I have been to my GP and he said that it was my leg hair trying to come through or eczema, or i have an allergy to something (I have never had an allergy to anything in my life) and gave me a cream to use, and hasn't helped yet. I recently stayed at my partners house and he started itching in the exact same spot as where my itching first started, with no rash...
I have done a full scabies treatment, changed my bed sheet, washed all my clothes, no signs of bed bugs or anything like that. Someone please help!!
Hello there! Sorry about your itchy condition. I have an experience to share with you. I was in the hospital and a few days afterwards, I started itching on my lower legs. Uncontrollable itching esp. at night time. This was 3 months ago. The rash did not improve after 3 different diagnosis and treatment from my doctor. This past week, I actually found the scabies on my body. I have a rash that has left irreversible scarring from the soles of my feet to my temples now. I began treatment for scabies 3 days ago and the itching was worse at first and then it has now started to subside and the redness is clearing up. It sounds so very similar to what you are going through. I am hoping the dr. prescribed you some very aggressive treatment and it is not scabies. This is one of the worst experiences I have ever had. It may be worth researching. Best of luck, Trixie