Itchy legs no rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy legs no rash

I been getting an ex-stream itch on my legs for about a week now. It starts randomly through the day, no rash. i can't keep myself from itching but the more i itch the worse it gets. it is mainly on my ancles and shins and thighs, but once in awhile attack my arms back of neck. please help it is driving me insane. some small pimple like bumps started to appear on my lower legs i think it from all the itching
Itchy skin without any rash can be due to dry skin, contact dermatitis, dermatitis, scabies and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals, wool, soaps, cosmetics etc.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

The itching went away for a little bit then came back with force it appears on my shins and calves inner thighs upper back and chest and arm pits,and back of scalp. as soon as i itch it a little bit welts appear but not always alot the times just turns red. They are in all sorts of weird shapes some ex-spell a clear liquid. I ask my doctor when i went in, I recently quit smoking with the doctors help, but she said she cant do anything for me when there is nothing to see, at that time at the docs i was not itchy. I tried switching to alveno soap see if that helped I tried lotion. I dont know what to do it's making me go insane with this itching, if i dont itch it becomes unbarable.