Itchy legs while wearing jeans
Ever since I can remember, I have had little bumps on my upper legs and thighs. My upper legs feel rough compared to my lower legs. When I wear jeans, my legs ITCH ME TO DEATH!  IT is miserable. I have tried not shaving my legs for over a month and it still doesnt help. (I thought it may have been an allergic reaction to the razors or shaving cream)I dont think it's an allergy to the jeans because sometimes it doesnt bother me at all. The bumps are on the back of my upper legs and on the insides of my legs. THe rest of my skin is clear and smooth.The only time I wear jeans is when I go out, which usually means excessive walking. Does anyone know what this could be?
There could be a combination of things.  YIou could try one at a time, and see which helps.   You state that the itchiness only happens with you wear the jeans--and onlyhappens when you walk a lot?  Walking a lot does cause rubbing of the material in the jeans on your skin, and woiuld irritate it.  You don't say if yoiu have very senstive skin, or normal skin, but you might try getting something to walk in that does not have the jean material in them to walk in.  What you wash the jeans or slacks in could make a big difrerence.  Also, you are right about shaving.

If you can switch to washing your jeans in a really organic soap, like ******* brand, it would help I think.  That really made a differnce with our son & my husband when they had something similar years ago. Also, we had to make sure the cat was not inside a lot, and that the dust was not under our son's bed, and we started washing our clothings in  ******* brand soap. It made a BIG difference.  and the itchiness went away.  

Also, since the dye in the  jeans couild exacerbate the problem, especially after you have shaved, I would find something else to walk in for awhile after shaving.  Maybe some softer material.   Also, putting  white vinegar in the rinse water when you wash your clothing Ph balances them, and takes out the soap.  Give them a 2nd rinse also.   If you have your jeans dry cleaned, don't. The chemicals in the dry cleaning solution would not be good.  Also, be sure to wash all new jeans a couple of times before wearing them.    Also, you already have those little bumps on your skin, and some day you would want to see a good dermatologyst about it.  It sounds like you have very sensitive skin and should use the natural soaps, lots of Aveeno cream (not the generic at the store, but the real Aveeno cream with the Dark Navy blue stripe on the pump bottle that says it is good for itchiness) and be careful about what you wear on your legs, and what you use to shave with.  Good Luck,

This could indeed be due to irritation, infection or sweat dermatitis. Sometimes, legs get itchy as a reaction to the clothes you are wearing. Some synthetics can trigger a reaction, and sometimes your legs get itchy due to residual pesticides and dyes in your jeans. It would also help if you wear cotton garments which are least likely to cause a reaction. If this persists, have this evaluated further by your dermatologist for proper management.

Take care and regards.
I can not wear jeans. Every time I wear them it itches my skin so bad that it leaves bumps on my lower legs. Someone please help me solve this problem !!!!!!!!

Sincerely,Unique Williams
Same problem.... I am a doctor and even i dont have an idea why.I guess its the chemicals they use in production
Wash them few times before wearing
I know why...i have the same problem. The material jeans are made of are probably the least forgiving of any fabric. Little stretch or none, very thick material. If youre like me, the hair on your upper legs starts to grow even like a millimetwr, the fabric of these jeans is likely "pushing the hairs back into you" essentially feeling like a million tiny itchy needles pokung you at once. Ive tried everything. Cure? A very new, sharp, expensive razor, shave in cold water so you have goosebumps when you shave, for a smoother shave, after shower a skin soothing lotion but i prefer gold bond itching lotion, then the jeans. Or, jeggings. Way less itchy with stretch pants. Hope that helps!