Itchy mosquito like bumps for 6 months
For the past 6 months or more I have been experiencing extreme itchiness throughout my body. Effected areas include my arms, shoulders, lower back, top of breasts, ankles, writs, back of hands, fingers, and neck. I had a bit of bed bugs for a few weeks but it has been resolved. This itchiness persists during the day as well. There is more relief during the day. Lotion and cortisone cream does not always help. I have never had drastic skin problems other then a bit of acne. I need this to stop because I can't help but scratch at times.
You could be experiencing this as a result of the bug-bites, which has probably elicites an allergic reaction.

Bedbugs also usually cause painless bites, which then become itchy.Papular urticaria is a delayed hypersensitivity type reaction to many bites and stings. In this condition you will commonly develop multiple small, red itchy bumps in clusters on the upper arms, shoulders and other exposed areas. New crops of bumps commonly appear and each last about 2-10 days.

You can take oral anti-histamines like Cetrizine or  Loratidine for the allergy. Also you can apply Calamine lotion on the itchy areas to soothe the irritated skin.
If the itching is sever you can apply the Cortisone ointment.