Itchy oily scalp + hair loss?
I have a very itchy scalp that produces dandruff.
I have to wash my hair every day or the scalp becomes excessively oily and makes the itching even worse!
I've also noticed that I'm losing more hair in the shower and when I brush it than usual, I'm finding it everywhere - on my clothes, on the bedding.. everywhere!
Please help. =(
These symptoms can be due to dandruff. Eat a healthy diet. You can also take vit B6 and vit A and E which are good for hair and skin. Try medicated shampoos for dandruff. There are a number of over-the-counter shampoos available that can help. The most effective ingredients -- antimicrobials -- to look for are zinc pyridinethione, selenium sulfide, sulfur and ketoconazole (also available by prescription). If your hair is colored, don't use products with selenium sulfide or sulfur.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your answer, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes when I get myself some medicated shampoos. Fingers crossed!