Itchy painful hard welt on hands and bottom of feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I'm having extremely itchy, painful welt on the bottom and side of my feet and hands, some times on my ankle and wrist but not as bad. It can swell my toes twice the size they should be. It feels like the welt is going to explode when I step on it. Turns light purple in a day or two. some time it has a few little water blister. I have had hives on the bottom of my feet before but not painful or itchy at all.
if any one has any info or experience in this issue it would be greatly appreciated
Sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to something. Not sure exactly what you may be allergic too. But, a relative of mine who has asthma gets welts in the exact location when they eat chocolate. They normally get worse, itchy/painful if they eat too much. Allergic reactions of all types can cause welts. Doc prescribed my relative plain old benadryl and they were gone pretty quickly.

Goodluck
I have taken benedrel and hydrocoitizone  no relieve.
i forgot to say that it leaves a bruise that last for a few days tendons and joints are sore around it don't think its bug bites jist hurts sooo much
You may want to go see a dermatologist, since it sounds like it has nothing to do with allergies cause normally benadryl helps.  Goodluck
thank you for your input going to the clinc today will let you know what happens.
went to doc she had no clue she gave me hydrocoitizone hydrocsezine and neroton" think I'm off on the spelling" to help with nerve pain have to wait a month to see a dermatologist hope somthing helps.

Painful welt that is found on the sole of foot or hand can be due to allergies, cellulitis or infection or vascular problems (important because they turn purple). Secondly lichen planus also should be ruled out. Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules (flat spots) or rashes. It is an itchy papular eruption characterized by its violaceous color

I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.