Itchy penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy penis

Hi Doctor,,,i have been noticing that my foreskin is getting inflammed when ever i involve in sex or a mastubution,,,generally i apply local skin applications which use to get subsided in 2-3 days time.But this time i am having itching at the fore skin and the glans (glands) penis ,,the glans (glands) penis is reddish and down the border of the glans (glands) penis i found white heads ,,i am really worried ,,,please advise me some medication which can reduce the symptoms and cure it, i am 29years married.
From the symptoms it can be balanitis or fungal infection of the penis. The other possibility is of contact dermatitis of the skin. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.