Itchy pimples on buttocks?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy pimples on buttocks?

6194085?1285765515
Hello, I'm a 23 year old male in good health. I've been having a problem for the last week now with these itchy bumps on my butt cheeks that look like pimples. At first there were just a couple of them, but after a couple of days it looked like it had spread. I bought some itching cream and applied it at night and in the mornings and most of the bumps had gone away but there are still some there and they continue to itch. What bothers me the most is that since this has started, my body wakes itself up every morning between 4:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m and the first thing I start doing without thinking about it is start to scratch. I've gone on google and looked up "itchy buttocks" and "itchy pimples on butt" and all the results I got that I could find images for were nothing close to look like what I had. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tags: buttocks, pimple, Itchy, help
Hello, just wondering if you have looked into MRSA? My family and I have been battling this "superbug" all summer. It can start out looking like little spider bites, or small red pimples that itch really bad. Myself, husband, daughter, and son all had this infection that started out looking like this. My husband just thought it was an infected hair from shaving and my daughter spread the infection all up her legs from shaving. It can become a very dangerous infection if not treated properly. If you go to the doc, demand a culture for MRSA, they will not voluntarily do it and it can prolong treatment options. It just be a simple case of folliculitis caused by regular staph or yeast. Hope this helps!
I hope you dont mind me commenting but this rash you have just looks the same as my 20 year old son.  He has had mild eczema all his life but the last few months he has had this rash on his butt cheeks that looks like goose pimples but a bit redder.  He also has this on the top of his back.  He had started playing football more and I thought it was due to sweating whilst exercising.  However he has been to the Doctors and they have diagnosed Keratosis Pilaris - google it and see if it seems the same as yours.
That looks and sounds exactly like what is going on with me! When your son went to the doctor what did they recommend him using for it?