Dermatology Expert Forum
Itchy pimples on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Itchy pimples on penis
I am a 24 y.o. male. I previously had a bacterial std with a previous partner. This was over 1 yr ago and I was not sexually active again until recently. While with my latest partner, some small white itchy pimples developed on my penis. At the same time my partner came down with some symptoms of herpes. Extremely sore lower body, white spots on vagina etc. The tests for her came back from the lab as negative for both forms of herpes. This was good but a big shock. Now, about 5 weeks after the incident, I again had the small pimples on my penis. They were somewhat sore the first time, but only itched this time. The pimples have now healed but itching continues. This itching is consistent with my previous std, but the pimples are not. Also, I don't remember having the severe first reaction to herpes, though I do have cold sores on my lips occasionally. Also, my previous partner never mentioned the kind of symptoms that my latest partner experienced. So, is it possible that I have had herpes for the last year or two and not have known it? Do my symptoms sound like herpes, and if her negative tests were accurate, what else could it be?
Your symptoms do not sound like herpes.  They sound like irritation from friction.  I don't know what relationship your girlfriend's symptoms have, if any, with yours.  If I were you, I would apply a weak over-the-counter hydrocortisone (1/2% or 1%), clean the area gently, and see a doctor for definite diagnosis.  The doctor can order a herpes blood test if needed, though your story does not sound like herpes, either this episode or the earlier one.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
well i am a 16 year old male with wat seems to be pimples on my penis.i mean i have not had any sex in my life which is weird. my family does not have a history of std's and i have not consuleted a doctor because i'm afraid of what he might tell me. what do u think the problem is? how can i cure it because i don't want to have these pimples and i do want to have sex in the near future. can you please help me.
A related discussion, pimples on penis and itchy was started.
A related discussion, herpes?? was started.
Had my penis circumcisid..nw the stiches r itching vry irritavely nd pimpels r developing on my penis..whats goin on?