Itchy privates
For the past 3 weeks, I have been feeling very itchy in my genital areas. First stated with scrotum, then the area between the scrotum and thigh, and now till my anus.
The itch is mostly at night and is so sever, that I wake from my sleep.

I had been applying Betamethasone initially but the itch seems to return, every time stronger and itchier.

I also used Loratadine antihistamines, the itch was gone for some time but I found small red like blisters all over my scrotum. They were painful and very itchy once the effects of the antihistamine ran out.

I don't know if its related or not, but I also found three very itchy insect bites on my left arm and two more on my shoulder, this week.

I have recently moved and using different bedsheets, which were probably used by someone else before me.
Could my itch be scabies?

From the symptoms it sounds like scabies. It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Rash in scabies is usually found in the folds of skin and they are red blister like rashes.Yet they are very itchy and can disrupt life .Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

I sincerely suggest you to consult a dermatologist at the earliest and get it evaluated.
I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

I continued using the betamethasone and the blister like things are gone. Also last night slept pretty well, woke up only once with a relatively minor itch. Currently the skin is just very red and itching a bit during the daytime.

I read the scabies' mite usually dies within 24 hrs if away from the host. If so, then how could I have gotten infected?

Any more help. Dr?

Are there any harmful effects of using the permethrin withput a conformed diagnosis?
Would I have to use the med on me bedsheets and clothes as well?
It is true that scabies mite can only live off of a host body for 24-36 hours under most conditions. Transmission of the mites involves close person-to-person contact of the skin-to-skin variety.So you can get the mite after close skin to skin contact(even by hugging)from an infected person.

You should not use Permethrin without a doctor’s prescription esp on the sensitive skin of scrotum because it is not without side effects.So pls get the diagnosis confirmed first.Don’t use Permethrin on the bedsheets but instead wash linens and bedclothes in hot water.
I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.Kind regards.

Thank you for your kind and informative help. You are a great asset to this site.

Thanks for the appreciation.Wishing you a speedy recovery.Regards.