Itchy raised bumps and swollen lymph nodes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have a small patch of itchy and sore red bumps on my lower back, another patch on my right butt cheek, and another on my groin, all of which are on the right side of my body. Also, the lymph nodes in my groin are hard, swollen, and tender to the touch. Besides that I have no other symptoms. About a week ago, I had a bad sore throat with swollen lymph nodes but tested negative for strep throat. I am not sexually active at all. Any idea of what it could be?
It looks like a viral rash or hives which come in response to a viral infection and the lymph node must have been swollen in response to the viral infection. You can take some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin. Although the rash may be itchy, avoid scratching it because you may damage the skin, and allow bacteria to get in, leading to infection. You may also need topical and oral steroids which are available under prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.