Itchy rash all-over body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy rash all-over body

6798981?1302024505
Hi Everyone,

About a week ago I started having this rash on my buttocks area and it since spread to most of my body (except genitals and chest). It's most "active" around my armpits, my lower back and legs. It initially appeared on my face for about 2 days but it's now gone.

It looks like tiny, red, itchy bumps on my skin. I don't have any alergy (allergy) that I know of nor did I make any changes in my diet. Also I'm not taking any kind of medication nor did I take any in the past year.
The only change was the fact that I moved to a tropical climate six month ago (from WV to Houston) and I do have oily skin (I shower 2 times a day).

Do you have any clue what this might be?

Thank you,
Tony
It can be due to allergies, viral infections, heat rash or sweat dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thank you doctor. Indeed, it was an allergy/sweat dermatitis. I went to my PCP last week and after ~6 days of Loratadine 10mg and steroids my rash is almost gone.
Glad to hear that the rash has gone. Take care and God bless.