Itchy rash on elbows, knees, butt, hips, stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

4636585?1247030208
Hello, about a year ago I developed small itchy bumps on my butt near the opening of my vagina. Since then the rash of itchy bumps has spread to the the fronts and backs of my knees & elbows, my hips, my inner thighs, and my stomach. The itching comes and goes and is most pronounced when I remove my clothing. These patches of itchy skin are not at all painful. They also do not blister. I scratch them but it only provides a brief period of relief. When I do that the areas tend to swell a little, the skin thickens and dries. I have been rotating between Triamcinolone Acetonide ointment, hydrocortisone, Balmex and Sarna. Nothing seems to work for more than a few minutes. My skin condition doesn't appear to be contagious. A dermatologist suggested that I have eczema, but didn't do any tests to arrive at that diagnosis. I'd like to see another dermatologist but I am uninsured. I have included a collage of photos showing the different areas where the rash is on my body. Please help, I'm at my wits end. I'm tired of scratching. I'd greatly appreciate any help/advice. Thank you.
Generally a diagnosis of eczema is visual and not many tests needed.Antihistaminics internally help to reduce itch,try benedryl 1 at bedtime,you may feel a bit sedated.Do not go on with steroid cremes  for long periods and apply calamine for a while to prevent tachyphylaxis which makes the steroid ineffective.
From the pictures it looks like eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide). Also use good quality hypoallergenic moisturizers as eczema is aggravated by dryness.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Currently my skin is doing pretty well. I try my best not to scratch and that alone tends to keep my eczema under control. Thank you very much for the suggestions and help.