Itchy rash that comes and goes
hello

I have a rash that keeps appearing on my arms, legs, stomach and back. My skin will become very itchy and then when I scratch bumps appear, its usually one big one, resembling a misquito bite with a bunch of other smaller ones all around.  The bumps will  be red as well as the skin around them. They usually disapear within an hour. Its gotten so bad I guess Im scratching in my sleep and my legs are giant scabs and I cant even shave.

Since these red splotches appear and disappear, so they can be hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications. Apply some calamine lotion and take some Benadryl. If the symptoms are severe then You should consult your doctor as steroids may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.