Itchy red bumps, worse at night and in water

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello! Over the past couple weeks I have had some itchy skin which I related to the cold weather starting and drying out my skin. It has gotten steadily worse and is spreading to other areas of my body. There are small red bumps everywhere on my arms, legs, inner thighs, back, butt. They itch terribly and nothing I seem to try helps for more than a little while. I've tried creams, lotions, powder. They keep me awake at night and taking a shower is almost unbearable. I left my doctor a message this morning trying to get in but I haven't heard back yet. I am not sure I can do this another night and may just go to urgent care if I don't hear soon. What could this be and how do I get any relief?
For these symptoms, even scabies should be ruled out. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing