Itchy red dots on legs.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy red dots on legs.

my mom have red dots on legs, and they are getting to be more and more, what could it be? They are itchy. She discovered it in the morning, three days ago. Her legs were very sweat in the mornig. Could it be an alergic (allergic) reaction from the pills? She uses Thyrozol, its a Thiamazolum.
Please help.

photo:  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/852/img4716o.jpg/
up
up
Skin rash and itching is a common side effect of Thiamzole and this itchy skin rash that your mother is having can be due to hives as a result of the side effect of this drug. For such hives, first of all the medication needs to be changed to some other drug. Then the primary treatment is by oral antihistamines. The most potent antihistamine, however, is probably the anti-depressant doxepin. You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. Your mother should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist as topical and oral steroids may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.