Itchy red patch on side of Foot
Hi Everyone,

I have had this unexplainable red slightly bumpy patch on the inner side of my right foot for almost a year now. It never spreads, never goes away, never gets worse, never gets better! Just a constant extreme itch, I sometimes dig at it in my sleep until it becomes raw and painful and don't realize I am doing it. I have tried antibiotic creams, itch creams, foot fungus sprays, lotion, foot powder... I give up, I just don't know what to do. I would like to see what you all think about it before setting up my app at the local Derm Dr.

I have attached an image of what it normally looks like.

Thanks,
Brandon
One possibility for such a chronic itchy rash is lichen simplex chronicus. Lichen Simplex Chronicus is seen in people with eczema. It is non contagious. It is treated like chronic eczema by decreasing water and soap contact, and applying emollients. Topical steroids are almost always needed to control the symptoms. You can use mild steroid cream like Dermacort and if the symptoms persist then high potency steroids and oral steroids may be needed.

My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist to get the diagnosis confirmed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

The red bumpy patch looks like local trauma induced, did you get hurt anytime before is there any foreign body imbedded inside causing it. Better take Luke warm water and add a pinch of salt and place your foot in it for half an hour and try to change your foot ware. Try for a softer footwear, and you will be better or best meet a dermatologist who would get a biopsy done to know the cause of the patch.