Itchy red rash on butt crack

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy red rash on butt crack

For last 3 months I have been getting a recurrent red, very itchy and bumpy rash on the right side of my butt crack. I seem to get the rash after workout on treadmill, the rash lasts a few days. It dries with 1% hydrocortisone, but every time I work out, I seem to get the rash at the exact same spot. I do sweat a good deal during workout and have been diagnosed with left nipple dermatitis (nipple biopsy) which was attributed to exercise.

The current lesion appears to be larger and slightly flattened, dark reddish, is a conglomeration of 2-3 small bumps and very itchy. I am wondering if it's fungal (ring worm). If it is exercise related, then is there way to prevent it.