Itchy scaly skin around tender tissue of anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My father and I both suffer from this skin condition, he has had his far longer than I have and I can't take dealing with it. It is almost the definition of psoriasis with the thick scaly skin but it is an intense feeling to itch it. I have itched mine until the skin breaks open and I bleed and bleed but it is so itchy that it is hard to not itch. It has been an embarrassing problem, I know that we have no diseases or anything crazy like that, but we can't find anything to subdue the itching. It seems like there is a quarter inch (that is probably and exaggeration but that is what it feels like, for I cannot see there) of dry skin, it actually comes off in layers when it is itched! I don't know what to do or to try to get rid of this

I cannot confirm a diagnosis without examination,but it can be contact dermatitis,eczema,psoriasis,lichen planus and erythrasma.

Erythrasma is a chronic superficial infection of the intertriginous areas of the skin.The typical appearance is well-demarcated, brown-red macular patches. The skin has a wrinkled appearance with fine scales.

Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Lichen simplex chronicus (LSC) is thickening of the skin with variable scaling that arises secondary to repetitive scratching or rubbing.

Psoriasis is a non contagious disease which affects the skin and joints. It commonly causes red scaly patches to appear on the skin. Skin rapidly accumulates at these sites and takes on a silvery-white appearance.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.Other causes like hemorrhoids,anal fissure and pinworms also have to be ruled out.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.