Itchy skin ( feels like bugs crawling under skin )
Can Any one please help ????

Hi i am having problems he says he feels like things r crawling on his skin and causing him to be very itchy. He has no rash or no signs of anything visiable on the skin. This seems to worsen when sitting r lying down. He feels like something is crawling from his feet up his whole body. We have tried cleaning whole house for fear of bugs been in our house.

I have now read on the internet that it is possibly a Parasite in the body or in the skin ????? Does anyone know about this r can you help.
My mother-in-law had a liver disease that caused her to feel like she had bugs crawling under her skin.  I would take him to the doctor and explain all the symptoms.
This feeling of insect crawling on the skin is due to parasthesia skin. Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then please consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Re: sensation of bugs crawling on skin.  I had this  - ON skin, intermittant sensations, anywhere on body, but one sensation at a time, not multiple bugs. It most often happened while laying in bed, but also sitting on a chair, etc.  I asked my dermatologist and she said it can happen with different drugs used.  I was using guaifenisen (or OTC Mucinex) for two months, for a sore throat/cold, and it took a couple of months to get out of my system and stop the imagininary tickling sensation of having a bug on me.  Now, a couple of times there was an itty bitty bug on me, but otherwise, never. (It's summer and the buggy time of the year now).  I also asked her if the bugs found in bedding that cannot be seen, MITES -do they bite? and would I be feeling them on my skin? "NO," was the answer.  Bugs you can see bite!
FINALLY! The first doctor with a bit of common sense. Hypothyroidism most DEFINITELY causes the sensation of invisible bugs crawling on you. Been there. Done that and so have a few of my family members. However, unfortunately, many twit drs have their face so stuck in lab work that they don't listen to their patients and they suffer, needlessly, for years. Most go by the old TOO BROAD normal range when it comes to lab work for thyroid. If they really knew what they were doing then they would realize that the "normal range" is actual VERY MINUTE. Also, as far as antibodies for Hashimotos...WAY TO BROAD. Mine were at the lower end of normal..
consider negative for Hashimotos until they did an actual biopsy of one of my nodules. many things can muck with lab work. Biopsy is usually pretty dead on especially when adding clinical presentations with it. A level for normal thyroid might be totally different from one person to another. Unfortunately, many drsig stick right to the lab work and wonder why they have frequent flyer patients that they think arw hypochondriacs sp? or drug seeking. They treat these lab ranges like the Bible anymore. Want your patients out of your hair that hasn't fallen out...start treating them instead of their labs.