Itchy skin all over
For 4 and 1/2 years now, I have slowly started getting itchy everywhere.  First it started as a red itchy area under my nose.  Then my arms became super itchy.  As of today, my neck, arms, and legs are completely torn up from my intense scratching, whether awake or not.  I notice small bumps on my arms and legs, and the itch won't go away even after I have scratched the skin right off.  Now my neck has become so bad that i wake up each morning with fresh areas of skin scratched raw.  It is spreading to my jaw area, and my skin feels super tight.  Also, the skin above my eyes and below my eyebrows has become flaky. I have tried everything from diet changes to completely restricting my beauty products to baby care stuff (shampoo, laundry detergent, soap, lotion).  Nothing gets rid of the itch--even benadryl on a regular basis.  I have tried Sarna, and Taro-Mupirocin (used for impetigo), even straight petroleum jelly.  My doctor thinks nothing of it, and has told me to bathe in baking soda or oatmeal to get rid of the itching.  Obviously there is something else going on, because these little pimple like hard bumps appear whenever they want.  They don't appear on my neck, though, and right now that is the itchiest area.  I've ignored it for this long because the scratch scabs were easier to hide.  Now that it is affecting my neck and face, I really need to figure out what it is.  Both my doctor and dermatologist shrug it off.  I need the itching to stop!!!
Skin conditions like eczema,dermatitis and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders,diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals,wool,soaps,cosmetics and certain foods  can cause itchy skin.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Pls take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. He/She will start with the specific medications. If an internal disease is found, whether it's kidney disease, iron deficiency or a thyroid problem, treating that disease often relieves the itch.Lastly,Phototherapy can also be tried.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

I had itching all over for years, no bumps or welts and mostly on my arms legs,face and head and finally found an MD alternative doctor who ran an MSA test. No pain,no needles but expensive. $300 for first time and insurance does not cover it. He said I get parasites and unlike some people my system holds on to them. I have not had pork for years now and also wash all my fruits and vegetables to get rid of the bugs. He gave me Paracid Forte and Candid Forte but I have also found them on line. When it gets real bad I have to go the the compounding pharmacy for a prescription of Mebendasol. You might want to start with a product I found on line (Vitacost.com) called PARASTROY. It is a combination product (Para-rid and Para-sweep) I thought I was going crazy for years and my itching does come back but I have lots of periods of remission. You can keep some of these products on hand so you have them when you need them. It is worse for me at night and I use a spray called Stopain on my skin. My head is often the worst and I found a product called Scalpicin which I put on my scalp (both at Walmart) I hope this helps.