Itchy skin problem, with picture

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy skin problem, with picture

Hello

I was hoping someone could tell me what this skin problem is. It started out as quite a faded red patch that wasn't bothering me, but seems to be getting itchier.

At first I tried putting moisturiser on it, but this has done very little.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I'd watch out because it sounds like how I started with pityriasis rosea! Google image it and see if it looks anything like it. If it is that, it won't go away until the skin condition has fully developed. It will also be the first patch to appear and the last to go! It's called the herald patch, also known as the mother patch. If you start developing smaller patches all over your chest, back, arms and maybe legs it's probably this. Don't worry it's not contagious and not an allergic reaction, it's something to do with being stressed. You cannot cure it, you can only wait for it to leave on it's own accord. I found that eating healthy, relaxing and applying LOTS of moisturiser and itch relief cream helped :) hope this helps xo