Itchy small bumps on Lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy small bumps on Lips

I woke up this morning and both of my lips are swollen and the skin above my upper lip is red.i noticed that my lips have a very small bumps on then that kinda look like underground pimples but they are red not white.I tried putting ice on them  to reduce the swelling  but w/o any luck. I do have asthma and allergies but i have not been in contact or eaten anything new.What could this be? and what would be a good treatment to making the itching and swelling go away?

This could be acne/ pimples or an allergic reaction to some unknown substance.

You could take some oral antihistamine or anti-allergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine. Take syrup benadryl and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If not, you could go to the ER or consult your doctor - you would then need injectable antiallergic and steroid medications for your symptoms.

Are you allergic to any specific substances? Apply a medicated lip balm with sun screen to help with the lesions.

Drink plenty of water and consult your skin specialist if the lesions persist.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Keep us posted.

Regards.
I'm only allergic to dust mites,and bird dander and i haven't been in contact with too much dust and i've haven't  been near a bird in a very long time...i am almost wondering if could be the soap im using..I'll  try some benadryl and see it that works the itching is almost unbearable.
I'll post a follow up in a day or 2

thanks

How are you doing now?

Keep us posted.

Regards.
well i took 150mg of bendryl last night before i went to bed..the swelling and itching seemed to go down a little bit.But i woke up today yet again with very swollen upper and lower lip,they feel like they are dry and going to crack but at the same time they almost feel smooth like they are a burn healing ..if that makes any since.I was doing a little research i am taking a pill called prontonix its to treat stomach problem like gerd.I did find that u can have a side affect of swollen lips but i have been on this pill for months now and never had a symptom from it.Now i am almost wondering it this could be caused  by  something kind embarrassing to say on here but a day prior to my lips sweling i did have oral sex with my girlfriend and there was some irritation on my lips from i would guess from friction something that usually happens so i didn't pay much attention to that. she doesn't have any stds or yeast infection but i'm almost considering that it may have been what has caused my lip issues.Well any input on what i should s\do would be great..i'm just hoping this gos away soon  seeing i do not have medical insurance so otc or home remedy's would be very appreciated ..
btw i can post a pic of my lips on my profile or email it too you if that can be any help

You could take some oral antihistamine or anti-allergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine.

It would be best to consult your doctor and get a detailed clinical examination got done.

Let us know about how you are doing and post us if you have any other doubts.

Regards.