Itchy soles of feet
I do not have a rash or any signs of stress on the skin but I suffer at certain times from an excrutiating itch to the sole/s of my feet.   This drives me almost insane as I want to stratch like mad.   I am diabetic.

As a diabetic, is your blood sugar level well controlled?

Are you complying with lifestyle and diet modifications?

I suggest that you take extra care of your feet. Is the skin of the foot dry? Is there any visible abrasion, wound, rash or discolorations in the area ? Use a mild and light cream over the area to moisturize it. Inspect the area if there are any cuts or bruising. If there are any open wounds, a prompt consult with a physician is necessary and in cases like this do not apply anything on the foot.

For intact and healthy skin, moisturize the skin with Vitamin E and other mild and unscented moisturizing creams that may be available OTC. You may ask your physician for any medications which will help alleviate the itchiness (eg antihistamines).

Here is a url which may guide you on how to take care of your feet :

http://www.diabetes.org/type-2-diabetes/foot-care.jsp