Itchy wounds
I scraped skin off of my knees and feet last week falling down the driveway. I've got 3 wounds, 1 on my left foot ( the deepest), 1 on my left knee, 1 on my right knee (which is the biggest) and a couple of minor and small grazes and cuts. The main wounds have been healing well. They've had the normal itch that healing skin has but around them red welts have taken form and are REALLY itchy! I've been putting betadine and a bandage with waterproof material around it on them. These help me not to itch but I've been scratching so much that a scratch through the waterproof covering. I've been having trouble falling asleep because i'm so itchy. It's so itchy that it's painful not to scratch! HELP!
It can be due to urticaria skin. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and also apply steroid cream on the rash. If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.