Itty Bitty Bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itty Bitty Bumps

I'm not quite sure what it is but, over the past month or so tiny bumps have been appearing on my lips (the size of a pin head or smaller). The first time I received it my upper lip swelled and the bumps were only there at first, then when the lip was no longer swollen they moved to the lower lip. I went to an RN she said it was not herpes, or a cold sore, but also could not diagnosis me and said it may be an allergic reaction. But I've never eaten anything that I have not already tried before so that doesn't fit!
So I began freaking out when they got barely bigger and put that ringworm ointment on my lips, my lips where these tiny bumps were began kind of "leaking" just this clear liquid. But soon it went away, leaving my lips very dry and cracked. Then I used one of my newer lipsticks which I forgot I had used to cover up the bumps in the first place, and boom!!! They were back!!!
I then went to the hospital a week and a half later when nothing was working he told me I had allergies once again! But that doesn't fit, and was told never to use the ointment again! To soothe my mind he put me on antibiotics for 10 days, and it did nothing! Can you please help me understand/find out what I have & how to rid it from my life. Btw (I hadn't been kissing or sharing any food or drinks with anyone) the bumps are still here as I write this, inching towards 2 months, they may be smaller but are still here!! Please help!
P.S.
whenever I get new bumps I feel a tingling sensation where they are about to appera
From the symptoms it can be any viral or bacterial infection and since the bumps are oozing, so it needs to be cultured to confirm the diagnosis. It does not sound like herpes sores but the diagnosis needs to be confirmed for any infections. Please consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers