Jock Itch Without the Itch?
I have what I assume is a fungal infection on my inner thighs. It's a reddish-brown with clearly defined borders. I've had it before but kind of forgot about it, and recently noticed it again. The skin is slighty more scaly there than surrounding it. I just don't know that it's jock itch because there is no itching, burning or discomfort. The only symptom is the discoloration itself.

I called my doctor and the office returned a message that I should try an over the counter jock itch cream, but they didn't answer the main question I had which is could it be something more serious given that it doesn't itch like jock itch does--are there other types of infections it could be? How do I even know it's fungal?
Is there any way to get a doctor's response? I notice some posts have been responded to by a doctor. I'm a newbie. This is my first post here.
Hi I have the same thing reddish-brown rash very defined either side of my scrotum, it comes and going no itching at all. When it comes I use talcum powered which helps but its always there just a little paler than normal.