Aa
A
A
Close
Jock Itch Without the Itch?
I have what I assume is a fungal infection on my inner thighs. It's a reddish-brown with clearly defined borders. I've had it before but kind of forgot about it, and recently noticed it again. The skin is slighty more scaly there than surrounding it. I just don't know that it's jock itch because there is no itching, burning or discomfort. The only symptom is the discoloration itself.

I called my doctor and the office returned a message that I should try an over the counter jock itch cream, but they didn't answer the main question I had which is could it be something more serious given that it doesn't itch like jock itch does--are there other types of infections it could be? How do I even know it's fungal?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Is there any way to get a doctor's response? I notice some posts have been responded to by a doctor. I'm a newbie. This is my first post here.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi I have the same thing reddish-brown rash very defined either side of my scrotum, it comes and going no itching at all. When it comes I use talcum powered which helps but its always there just a little paler than normal.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Jock Itch Without the Itch?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994_tn?1374197577