Jock Itch on Anus
I got a terrible case of jock itch last summer.  After 6 months of trying various creams the affected area got smaller but the area around and on my anus will not go away.  Dermatologist has prescribed to orals.  First didn't work, now taking Lamisil.  After 10 days no improvement.  I think my  very young doctor is over his head, any suggestions?
For jock itch, wash your groin and anus daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.The damp skin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day. and do not share other people’s towels.Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

Most cases of jock itch respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.Tinea incognito has to be ruled out.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.