Jock itch or "prickly heat"

My boyfriend has long had a recurring problem and he can't tell whether it's jock itch or some version of "prickley heat." Both Desitin and Lotrimin seem to work pretty well. The Lotrimin seems somewhat more effective, but it's pretty close.

How do you tell the difference between jock itch and "prickly heat" (or whatever)?.

thank you,

Prickly heat (miliaria) is an itchy skin rash caused by trapped sweat. It tends to occur on areas of the body where skin touches skin, such as under the breasts, on the inner thighs, and under the arms. Tiny red spots with itching and pricking sensation are the characteristic appearance of this rash.

Jock itch is a fungal infection of the groin region in either sex though more often seen in men. Affected areas may appear red, tan, or brown, with flaking, rippling, peeling, or cracking skin.

Both can be differentiated by KOH examination of the skin after biopsy of the skin.In jock itch,fungus can be seen under the microscope.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

i dont know if i have a heat rash or jock itch it seems to itch very little but no peeling on the skin and no redness but there is little red bumps above my pelvic area is this heat rash or jock itch?
Ive ha a weird itch and red ball bag the past week.... In just wondering wat will I do is it contages or can I will ve with a girl