Junctional Melanocytic Proliferation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Junctional Melanocytic Proliferation

I recently went to the dermatologist to have my skin inspected and the Dr noticed a mole that she said need to be removed, it was small and purplish in color. The first pathologist suggested a second opinion, so the second pathologist stated that it was a junctional melanocytic proliferation within the field of scar with nevus left behind, JMP, and suggested that it be further excised. I am uncomfortable with just saying go ahead and do it, so I am going to get another opinion. What are your thoughts on this? I am a 20 year old female with no history of skin cancer in my family if that helps, and I generally have moles everywhere, which is hereditary.