Just how safe is it to take HA without a physician's supervision?
After reading what's online about those Japanese communities where the denizens have beautiful skin well into their 80s and 90s, I decided to put some faith into that and buy some HA.  I felt it improved the appearance of my skin at 200 mg/day after a month or so and I was even thinking of doubling my dose eventually to 400 mg.
An Indian physician added to my post that it could be problematic to take HA without a physician's supervision as it can cause some adverse effects, i.e., GI trouble, blah blah blah, but I never had a problem with the side effects she mentioned.  Can someone EXPOUND on the relative safety of HA?  Do I REALLY need to go to a derm and get the
"it's okay" from him before resuming this cosmetic therapy?  I don't have the money, to be frank.  But I do have the $$$ for the HA capsules...  Can HA therapy cause major organ troubles such as liver involvement, kidney, cardiovascular, etc.?  
I sure know the ills of self medicating with OTC stuff...I read all about the kava kava scare and I would NEVER let something like that wittingly happen to me...I took HA completely thinking it was safe...can anyone advise?
THANKS
Taffy.