Keratitis Pilares

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Keratitis Pilares

Has anyone dealt with this skin problem before? Mine Continues to become worse and now it looks like I have some kind of skin disease. Its embarrasing. I cant wear shorts ,dresses, or capris in the summer time. I am slowly Becoming depressed. I need a sure formula to get rid of these ugly bumps. I have used carmol 20 twice a daily and used the ped egg to remove the excessive skin and then i use the nail smoother implement. Mine are so large it does not seem to be doing anything to them. I am wasting my money. Please help someone! They cover both my legs and thighs and both my upper arms. My arms are not that bad but my legs are horrendus.There are tons of them and they are starting to spread to my feet. I already had a skin diagnosis and this is what they said i had. It seems like to me they are spreading and i think its warts. Can someone please help me?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Keratitis pilaris is an inherited form of eczema that runs strongly in families. It causes small horny bumps on the skin where your hair follicles are. These are usually found on the upper arms and front of the thighs but can appear in other places on the body also. There is no cure for eczema but there are lots of things you can do to keep it under control.

It is important to avoid anything that triggers your eczema such as emotional or physical stress, illness, certain foods, changes in the weather and central heating.
Try not to scratch your skin when it is itching.  Moisturize as often as possible with emollient creams and ointments.  Wearing cotton clothes can be less irritating to your skin and eat a healthy balanced diet. It's important to get a good intake of vitamins C and E to maintain healthy skin

You can avoid flare ups by staying away from triggers and keeping their skin moisturized at all times. I think this should be more emphasized than applying a lot of medications. Follow up with your dermatologist is strongly advised.

Take care and regards.